Career Opportunities at The Hotel Columbia
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Hotel Columbia. We have an excellent work environment and exceptional benefits for our employees:
The Hotel Columbia is looking for full-time Front Desk Representatives starting in November! Ski pass included for full-time employees, paid vacation days and a 50% discount at COSMO. If you are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description should be considered a working document which develops with the individual and the position. The following is a general outline and should not be used as a deterrent or excuse not to put forth effort in all aspects of the hotel’s operation.
Department: Front Desk/Reservations
Reports to: General Manager
Summary of Functions:
The primary function of guest services personnel is to ensure that the hotel guest and potential guests are serviced in a professional, expedient manner. Providing the most outstanding service is key to the success of acquiring a reservation and insuring return visits. Knowledge of the hotel, ski area, local events, activities and the diverse modes of transportation are components essential in achieving this goal. Schedule may include nights, holidays and weekends.
- Greets and checks in incoming hotel guest.
- Assists guests with luggage to and from their room
- Facilitates check out of hotel guests.
- Provides exceptional customer service
- Provides information and reservation services
- Caters to hotel guests needs: Concierge, plunging toilets, dog walking, etc.
- Answers incoming calls
- Documents all reservation transactions and brochure request into the reservation computer system.
- Set up, breakdown and running of morning breakfast for guests
- Set up and breakdown of lobby buffet table (water, coffee, hot water, lemonade)
- Remains updated on all information pertaining to the Telluride Region (Lodging, transportation, events & Activities)
- Provides valet parking service for hotel guests
- Provides familiarization tours for potential guests
- Delivers ice to guest’s room
- Keeps reference manuals updated.
- Files paperwork daily.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Ensures appearance of lobby, public restrooms & common areas are neat & clean
- Ensures decks, sidewalks and car port are clean
- Keeps appearance of office and neat and clean
- Helps with routine work during slow periods
- Ensures closets and storage areas are clean, stocked and organized
- Prepares conference room for group gatherings